Welcome to Grammaropolis!

In the world of Grammaropolis -- which includes songs, videos, books, and interactive games--the parts of speech are animated characters, personified based on the roles they play in the sentence. Which part of speech are you?

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Writers love free stuff

Just a quick story. Last night after the conference, I went out to dinner with four of my best and closest friends at Hyperion and two other authors: Kelly DiPucchio and Sara Pennypacker. We had a tasty meal, (I even had a Pisco Sour, in Atlanta of all places, que viva la bebida nacional!) and as we were leaving, I noticed a large box of matches, about the size of a deck of cards, with the restaurant's name on it. I commented to the hostess on how fancy that huge box of restaurant matches and she asked if I wanted one. Sara and Kelly and I all jumped at the chance to walk out of the restaurant with a FREE box of matches. As I pushed through the door with my very own box in my hot little hands, I caught a glimpse of the smile on my editor's face, which seemed to say, "Ahh, writers."

No comments: